This position has been filled.
Theatre Puget Sound seeks a FULL-CHARGE BOOKKEEPER for small non-profit organization 10-15 hours per week. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills and be highly organized and attentive to details. Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel required. Non-profit experience preferred. Staff development and training opportunities available for the right individual.
- Preparing financial statements
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Managing bank and general ledger reconciliations, as well as payroll processing
- Preparing annual tax filings: W2, 1099 and 990
- Preparing monthly/quarterly tax filings
- Performing month-end closings
- Tracking fixed assets and grant schedules and preparing depreciation schedule
- Collaborating in creation of Annual Budget and Year-end forecasts
- Program P & L Tracking
- Preparing/Delivery of Bank Deposits (may require driving)
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum two years of experience in QuickBooks with expert level preferred not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel required
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and desire to learn
- Sense of humor and patience
$15 – $20 per hour (DOE) The position is located on Seattle Center campus. This position has no remote or telecommuting options.
TPS is a leadership and service organization founded in 1997 to advocate for the region’s growing theatre community’s causes and administer much-needed services. TPS is the Northwest’s leading arts advocacy and leadership organization, providing programming and services that benefit both the theatre community and the larger regional arts community. TPS has a twofold mission: To promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public, and to unify and strengthen the theatre community through programs, resources, and services. Theatre Puget Sound represents more than 1800 individual and 145 organizational members across the region’s performing arts sector.
Theatre Puget Sound (TPS) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to strengthening a more multicultural artistic community and the principle of diversity. TPS does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, status as a person with a disability, genetic information, or Protected Veteran status. TPS strongly encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups, including women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Using the subject “Full Charge Bookkeeper,” please submit letter of interest and resume.
Post: Theatre Puget Sound, PO Box 19643, Seattle WA 98109
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Submission Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submissions received by Monday, May 2 will receive priority review.