Theatre Puget Sound (TPS)
This position has been filled. Thank you!
Position Available: Development Associate, 20hrs/wk with growth potential
The Development Associate will assist the Executive Director in researching and implementing new fundraising opportunities for TPS while processing and continuing existing ones. Duties include processing gifts and acknowledging donors, ensuring accurate database entry and timely communications with supporters, and creating a master development calendar. Additional duties include assisting as needed for fundraising events, grant writing and reporting and other administrative tasks. The Development Associate reports to the Executive Director.
- Create and maintain a master calendar to track funding deadlines;
- Research funding opportunities
- Enter data and process gifts, maintaining accurate and consistent records;
• Prepare and mail donor acknowledgments and tax letters;
• Compile donor mailing lists for print and electronic communications;
• Organizing/collecting TPS program and financial data for grant writing and reporting; • Tracking submission and reporting requirements;
• Compile and edit content for the TPS website;
• Provide administrative support for special events;
• Other duties as may be assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized, thorough and detail oriented;
• Initiate projects and work independently while also working effectively with others
• Positive, discreet, professional;
• Understanding of and commitment to TPS’s mission and goals. • The ability to brainstorm and think creatively, then implement new ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
• Minimum one years’ experience providing administrative assistance, preferably in a not-for-profit arts setting;
• Strong computer skills with MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Google, with ability dealing with large data sets and performing mail merges;
Terms and Compensation: This is a 0.5 FTE (20hrs/week) position, between 10-5 M-F. Occasional evening events. Compensation: $13 per hour. Pro-rated PTO and Sick Leave accrued at the 0.5 FTE rate. Located on Seattle Center campus. This position has no remote or telecommuting options.
Using the subject “Development,” please submit letter of interest, resume.
Post: Theatre Puget Sound, PO Box 19643, Seattle WA 98109
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Submission Deadline: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Submissions received by December 7 will receive priority review.
Theatre Puget Sound (TPS) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to strengthening a more multicultural artistic community and the principle of diversity. TPS does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, status as a person with a disability, genetic information, or Protected Veteran status. TPS strongly encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups, including women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Founded in 1998, Theatre Puget Sound exists to promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public and to strengthen and unify the theatre community through programs, resources, and services.