Theatre Puget Sound seeks a Full-charge bookkeeper for small non-profit organization 10-15 hours per week. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and communication skills and be highly organized and attentive to details. Proficiency in QuickBooks and Excel required. Non-profit experience preferred.
- Preparing financial statements.
- Processing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Managing bank and general ledger reconciliations, as well as payroll processing.
- Preparing annual tax filings: W2, 1099 and 990.
- Preparing quarterly tax filings.
- Performing month end closings.
- Tracking fixed assets & grant schedules and preparing depreciation schedule
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Minimum three years of experience in QuickBooks with expert level preferred not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel required
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Flexibility and a desire to learn
- Sense of humor and patience
$14 – $19 per hour (DOE)
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Our offices are located on the 4th floor of the Armory at Seattle Center. You may hand deliver an application.
The position is open until filled. Applications received by July 8 will receive priority screening.
Theatre Puget Sound (TPS) is a leadership and service organization founded in 1997 to advocate for the region’s growing theatre community’s causes and administer much-needed services. TPS is now the Northwest’s premiere arts advocacy and leadership organization. TPS has a two-fold mission: To promote the spiritual and economic necessity of theatre to the public, and to unify and strengthen the theatre community through programs, resources, and services. TPS serves nearly 1,500 theatre practitioners and over 140 performing arts organizations within our region.