THEATRE PUGET SOUND
Position Available: Program Assistant
Job Description: TPS is looking for a temporary, part-time employee to assist with upcoming programming.
Work with TPS Deputy Director in organizing Arts Crush:
- Manage database of regional artists and arts organizations
- Communicate with organizations, artists and businesses around recruitment for and participation in the festival
- Assist with the building of strategic partnerships in support of the festival
- Write copy for web pages, recruitment materials and social media outlets
- Manage ad sales for the festival guide
- Assist with development of marketing materials, event coordination and patron services
Work with TPS Executive Director to build advertising program for Seattle Performs:
- Manage communications with member organizations about availability and pricing of ads
- Book and track ad sales
- Report on ad performance and overall impact
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Sense of humor and patience
- Customer service orientation and polite phone manner
- Computer proficiency is a MUST: Must be familiar with all Microsoft Windows programs including Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Adobe design programs a major plus but not a requirement.
Terms and Compensation: The position is 32 hours/week with compensation at $11.00 per hour. Employment will begin in mid-July and end in mid-November, with possibility of extension. No benefits.
To Apply: Please submit letter of interest and resume to Deputy Director Sam Read at:
Post: Theatre Puget Sound, PO Box 19643, Seattle WA 98109
Submission Deadline: July 1, 2011
NO PHONE CALLS
Theatre Puget Sound is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages all applicants.